Many KET members are interested in making gifts to continue supporting the programs and services that they enjoy for many years to come. We are fortunate to have several opportunities for our donors to do this through our endowments, or invested accounts that provide our station with income indefinitely.
These endowments secure a bright future for KET and will help future generations to enjoy the benefit of public media. Anyone may make a gift to one of our endowments. However, many donors choose to leave KET in their will or estate plan and become part of KET’s Legacy Circle.
All Legacy Circle and endowment donors may designate your gift as follows:
- Education: The John R. Hall Endowment for Education provides a constant source of support for our early childhood, K-12 and adult education programs and services. It allows our education team to respond to the ever-changing needs of our teachers, students
,and caregivers across the state.
- Arts Education: The W. Paul and Lucille Caudill Little Endowment for the Arts has never been more critical, as public schools consistently need support to deliver inspiring multi-media resource curricula to students across the state. These resources not only instill a love of the arts, but also address social-emotional learning, mental health
,and learning loss.
- Public Affairs: The O. Leonard Press Endowment for Public Affairs allows our award-winning public affairs team to go beyond the headlines, ensuring that Kentuckians stay informed and connected.
- PBS Programs: For viewers who love Masterpiece, PBS Newshour, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and many more, the PBS/KET Program Fund helps KET acquire and broadcast PBS programs.
- Kentucky-focused programming: KET produces more local programming than any other public television network. In addition to programs like Kentucky Life or Kentucky Edition, the Endowment for Kentucky Productions helps KET capture and celebrate more stories about the people, places and heritage of the Commonwealth.
- Unrestricted: The Millennium Fund provides a source of unrestricted annual income for KET to respond to the ever-changing needs of the Commonwealth.
Each fund is managed by independent advisors to ensure optimal growth and annual distributions of interest income for initiatives proposed by KET management and approved by the Commonwealth Fund for KET Board of Directors, as fiduciary agents. Audited reports are available upon request.