‘Supporting Kentucky Veterans: A KET Forum’ discusses challenges facing military veterans and families
For Release: 11/01/23 11:26 AM
Join host Chip Polston for Supporting Kentucky Veterans: A KET Forum, a special program honoring Kentucky’s military families. Recorded before a studio audience, this townhall-style conversation features a panel of military and state officials, as well as service providers, discussing issues related to today’s veterans.
Topics include veterans’ mental health, the status of a new VA hospital under construction in Louisville, reintegration into the civilian workforce, housing challenges, accessing veterans’ benefits and more.
Supporting Kentucky Veterans: A KET Forum
KET Monday, Nov. 13 • 8/7 pm
KET2 Thursday, Nov. 16 • 9/8 pm
Watch on-demand at KET.org and on the PBS app
Guests appearing on the program include:
• Whitney Allen, commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs
• Dr. Katie Marks, commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
• Dr. Anyah Hoang-Ansert, vice president of Volunteers of America Honor and Home Program and Veterans Community Alliance of Louisville
• Eileen Ward, director of the Homeless Vets program for the Kentucky Department for Veterans Affairs
• Robbin Higgins, Lt. Col. (Retired), US Army, membership manager with Disabled American Veterans and chairperson for Kentucky Governor Advisory Board for Veterans
• Brig. Gen. Brian F. Wertzler, Assistant Adjutant General with the Kentucky Army National Guard
• Jo-Ann Ginsburg, medical center executive director, VA Louisville health care
• Zach Morgan, project manager, Kentucky Distilling Talent Pipeline, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than two million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.