What is NEXTGEN TV?
NEXTGEN TV is the latest innovation in free, over-the-air broadcast TV. It’s available in many major U.S. cities, including Louisville and Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati. All you need is a NEXTGEN TV and an HD antenna.
NEXTGEN TV provides higher quality video and audio, more programming streams, better reception, built-in apps, enhanced accessibility, and more.
Visit watchnextgentv.com to learn more.
Why is KET launching NEXTGEN TV?
- We’re using the latest technologies to provide our viewers with the best in over-the-air television – better pictures and sound, on-demand video, robust reception, more channels, and more choices.
- KET began broadcasting NEXTGEN TV in Louisville in 2022, making us among the first 15 public television stations to launch the new technology.
- In the Northern Kentucky-viewing area, WCVN/Covington is launching NEXTGEN TV on Monday, June 5, 2023, at 11 a.m. ET.
What do I need to do if I have cable or satellite television?
- Nothing. NEXTGEN TV is currently available only to over-the-air broadcast viewers with a NEXTGEN TV and an antenna.
What do I need in order to watch NEXTGEN TV?
- Many new television sets already come equipped with a NEXTGEN TV receiver, so check your model’s specifications. An antenna and internet connection will give you access to NEXTGEN TV.
- In Louisville:
Over-the-air viewers with a NEXTGEN TV and antenna can receive KET’s NEXTGEN TV broadcast channels and app.
- In Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati:
Over-the-air viewers with a NEXTGEN TV and antenna will have access to KET’s NEXTGEN TV broadcast and app beginning Monday, June 5, 2023, at 11 a.m. ET.
- In the rest of Kentucky:
NEXTGEN TV is not yet available in these areas.
Do I need to rescan my TV or converter box channels?
- Louisville and Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati:
Yes, if you use an antenna to watch TV, you must rescan your television. Please go to our rescan page for more information and instructions.
- The rest of Kentucky:
NEXTGEN TV is not yet available in these areas. No action on your part is needed.
What’s my new channel lineup?
- Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati (starting on June 5, 2023 after 11 am E.T.):
- 54.1 – KET
- 54.2 – KET2
- 54.3 – KET KY
- 54.4 – KET PBS KIDS
- 54.5 – KET WORLD (For those with a NEXTGEN-enabled TV. The WORLD Channel also livestreams for free throughout Kentucky at KET.org/live.)
- Louisville area (The Louisville viewing area was upgraded to the new technology on September 19, 2022.):
- 68.1 – KET2
- 68.2 – KET
- 68.3 – KET KY
- 68.4 – KET PBS KIDS
- 68.5 – KET WORLD (For those with a NEXTGEN-enabled TV. The WORLD Channel also livestreams for free throughout Kentucky at KET.org/live.)
- The rest of Kentucky:
NEXTGEN TV is not yet available in these areas. Your current lineup remains unchanged.
When is my area converting?
- Once NEXTGEN TV is scheduled to roll out in other Kentucky markets, KET will alert viewers in those areas.
- NOTE: Features available on NEXTGEN TV will vary by device and by broadcaster as commercial service becomes available in more markets. Visit NEXTGEN TV for more information.